Top 100 must-read books - Coffee & Kin %
Join our mailing list

Top 100 must-read books

Are you looking for a new book to read? Here are 100 must-read suggestions for you.

I have read 95% of these books. The other 5% are recommendations from our lovely Coffee & Kin followers. I hope you enjoy the list, I certainly enjoyed compiling it.

Books are one of the greatest joys in the world!

  1. Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
  2. April Fool’s Day by Bryce Courtenay
  3. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
  4. A Monk’s Guide to Happiness by Geelong Thubten
  5. Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks
  6. Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  7. Wild Swans by Jung Chang
  8. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
  9. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
  10. The Color Purple by Alice Walker
  11. Into the Darkest Corner by Elizabeth Haynes
  12. Where the Crawdad Sings by Delia Owens
  13. The Shadow of The Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
  14. The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse by Charlie Mackesy
  15. The Tea Planter’s Wife by Dinah Jefferies
  16. The Fault in our Stars by John Green
  17. The Olive Farm by Carol Drinkwater
  18. Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
  19. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
  20. The Self-Care Project by Jayne Hardy
  21. My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult
  22. The Holiday by T.M. Logan
  23. The Light Between Oceans by M. L. Stedman
  24. The White Masai by Corinne Hofmann
  25. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
  26. Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky
  27. It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover
  28. Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom
  29. Still Alice by Lisa Genova
  30. The Wisdom of Sundays by Oprah Winfrey
  31. The Alice Network by Kate Quinn
  32. The Time Traveller’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
  33. Apple Tree Yard by Louise Doughty
  34. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
  35. When They Call You a Terrorist by Patrisse Khan-Cullors & Asha Bandele
  36. The Power of One by Bryce Courtenay
  37. Girl with a Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
  38. Trilogy – Sea of Memories, The Beekeeper’s Promise, The Dressmaker’s Gift by Fiona Valpy
  39. Left to Tell by Immaculee Ilibagiza
  40. The Beach by Alex Garland
  41. Guernica by Dave Boling
  42. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
  43. Tanamera by Noel Barber
  44. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  45. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
  46. The Island Child by Molly Aitken
  47. Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  48. Room by Emma Donoghue
  49. Marching Powder by Rusty Young
  50. The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair by Joel Dicker
  51. The Husband’s Secret by Liana Moriarty
  52. On the Front Line with the Women Who Fight Back by Stacey Dooley
  53. The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
  54. The Island by Victoria Hislop
  55. Island in the East by Jenny Ashcroft
  56. Mao’s Last Dancer by Li Cunxin
  57. The Red Tent by Anita Diamant
  58. Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
  59. The Seven Sisters series by Lucinda Riley
  60. Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari
  61. The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons
  62. Life After Life by Kate Atkinson
  63. The Music Room by William Fiennes
  64. The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey
  65. I Am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes
  66. Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali
  67. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
  68. The Flat Share by Beth O’Leary
  69. The Snowman by Jo Nesbo
  70. Wonder by R. J. Palacio
  71. Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
  72. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
  73. Ordinary Thunderstorms by William Boyd
  74. The Beekeeper of Aleppo by Christy Lefteri
  75. The Secret Hours by Santa Montefiore
  76. Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
  77. Holy Island by L. J. Ross
  78. Atonement by Ian McEwan
  79. The Secrets Between Us by Louise Douglas
  80. The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
  81. Grown Ups by Marian Keyes
  82. Before I Go to Sleep by S. J. Watson
  83. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
  84. Fleishman is in Trouble by Taffy Brodesser-Akner
  85. Where the Forest Meets the Stars by Glendy Vanderah
  86. Ask Again, Yes by Mary Beth Keane
  87. Normal People by Sally Rooney
  88. The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides
  89. The Lost Man by Jane Harper
  90. The Lioness of Morocco by Julia Drosten
  91. The Other Half of Augusta Hope by Joanna Glen
  92. Finding Henry Applebee by Celia Reynolds
  93. Flawed & Perfect duo by Cecelia Ahern
  94. This is Going to Hurt by Adam Kay
  95. Home Going by Yaa Gyasi
  96. The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
  97. The Green Mile by Stephen King
  98. Harry Potter Series by J. K. Rowling
  99. Daisy Jones and the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid
  100. 10 Minutes 38 Seconds in this Strange World by Elif Shafak

Happy reading!

Ruth

 

Coffee & Chocolate Box

The tastiest coffee and chocolate the UK has to offer.

Try it Today