We are in the middle of a climate emergency and we need to take action. As a business, we believe it’s our moral responsibility to help fight climate change and to promote sustainable living, in order to protect our beautiful planet for our future generations. We have pledged to be Net Zero by 2025.
This is our Coffee & Kin impact statement. It highlights our vision, our mission and how we plan to help the amazing world in which we all live.
People are at the heart of everything we do. We really care about you, our customers, our coffee farmers and everyone who comes into contact with Coffee & Kin. By becoming a customer, you become part of our family – The Kinship, a very special community of kind individuals!
Together, we’re creating a new movement of eco-conscious coffee drinkers, who believe in brewing good, in order to do good and feel good. We call it the Kin Revolution and we exist to make a difference to people’s lives and the planet, through ethically sourced, seriously tasty coffee.
We believe in love, happiness, peace and joy for all and a future free of poverty, hunger and fear.
We believe in good health and wellbeing for both children and adults and a long sustainable future for people and our planet.
We believe in kindness and happiness for all and humankind living in harmony with nature.
We believe in you and you believe in us.
To make people smile and to help save our beautiful planet through seriously tasty coffee.
HOW WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE
We want to create a better world and therefore, we have chosen to operate in alignment with the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals to demonstrate our social, economic and environmental impact.
As a brand, we are aligning ourselves with seven of the 17 goals:
We believe that it’s important to be honest, ethical and transparent in everything that we do. In everyday life, we’re really trying to do as much as we can and we promise to do even more as we grow.
WHAT WE DO
- Our coffee capsules are made from 96% renewable materials including starch, glucose and plant fibres and they are certified as 100% plastic free, industrially compostable and biodegradable.
- Our capsules are produced using energy generated from the wind, sun, hydropower and biogas.
- Our capsule manufacturer is CO2 neutral and contributes to a reducing deforestation project in Brazil.
- We have partnered with First Mile to compost our capsules, which results in green energy for the UK’s National Grid and nutrient rich fertiliser for farmer’s fields.
- All our packaging and marketing material is either compostable or fully recyclable.
- Our coffee is sourced through an independent family business, who prioritises short supply chains, traceability, quality and long-term relationships with their coffee farmers.
- Coffee & Kin HQ is powered by 100% renewable energy.
- We donate 10% of our profits to CALM (The Campaign Against Living Miserably) – taking a stand against suicide.
- We empower, educate and entertain our loyal Coffee & Kin followers and show them how to lead low carbon lifestyles.
- We promote healthy living and open the conversation about mental health and wellbeing.
- We actively promote local businesses via our online community of nearly 9,000 people.
- We fundraise and donate funds to local charities such as Children’s North East to help children grow up to be happy and healthy.
- We support small local businesses whenever we can, as we believe in supporting our local economy.
- We participate in the UK Coffee Week and donate to Project Waterfall, bringing clean water to coffee growing communities.
- We measure our success by the value we give to others and the impact we make against our triple bottom line – people, planet and profit.
- We choose kindness over everything and we care deeply about others.