The perfect traybake to have with coffee.
I have been making Mars Bar Cake since I was a child. Every Christmas, Mum would ask each of her children to make homemade gifts for family and friends. My sister Jenny would make fudge, Kathryn would do cheese straws and my little brother Peter made peppermint creams. I always chose Mars Bar cake.
It’s so easy to make and only requires four ingredients – mars bars, butter, golden syrup and rice krispies.
It’s the perfect traybake to give friends, to make for children’s parties or as a treat for yourself. It’s seriously good alongside a cup of coffee!
Here’s the recipe:
Mars Bar Cake
- 250g butter
- 3tbsp golden syrup
- 9 mars bars (approx 525g)
- 9 mugs of rice krispies
- Melt butter, mars bars and golden syrup in a pan over a gentle heat.
- Stir regularly and towards the end, use a balloon whisk to bring the mixture together.
- Pour melted chocolate mixture into the rice krispies and mix well.
- Place the mars bar cake into a greased tray and pop in the fridge to set.
I really hope you enjoy making it